Home Page  
Who We Are   Units   News & Events   Committees   Newsletters   Labour Links   Contact Us  
Register for e-bulletins
Join the UnionUnifor Group Home & Auto Insurance Program


History  
Executive          Reps               History             Community        
 
 
Where we came from

Welcome to Unifor Local 504! Unifor was officially formed on August 31, 2013, at a Founding Convention in Toronto, Ontario. It marked the coming together of the Canadian Auto Workers union (CAW) and the Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada (CEP) – two of Canada’s largest and most influential labour unions. Unifor is now Canada’s largest private sector union, with more than 300,000 members across the country, working in every major sector of the Canadian economy. See below previous history of CAW Local 504, and how it came to be the proud Union it is today.

Local 504 CAW (formerly U.E.) has a proud history of being the first U.E. Local formed in Canada, chartered in 1937.

We subsequently negotiated a friendly merger with CAW, effective November 30th, 1992, and have worked extremely hard to make our presence count within the CAW.

Local 504 has had three CAW locals merge with us: CAW Local 525 June 2005 and CAW Local 397 and 558 December 2009.

Local 504 has representation in many Councils, Committees, Conventions and Conferences both inside and outside of Unifor, such as the Hamilton District Labour Council, Brantford Labour Council, Canadian Labour Congress, Unifor Council, Unifor Health Care Council, Unifor Skilled Trades Council, Unifor Gaming Council, Unifor Forge & Foundry Council and, as requirements dictates, various other Councils and Committees.

Local 504 is comprised of Gaming, Healthcare, Foundries, Warehousing, Auto Part Manufacturing and Industrial Manufacturing members.
 



Last Updated: May 16, 2014 9:55:40 AM